Wednesday, February 29, 2012

Week 1, Day 3 - Feeling Better

10:49AM

I am feeling better today. I feel like maybe I am pushing through the "induction flu" faster this time because I have refused to eat any sort of real carb, i.e. good-for-you vegetables.

This is not something I recommend, NOR something that the book recommends. It is pertinent to get your veggies in and I will start getting them in either tomorrow or Friday. I am just trying to get through this flu as quickly as possible so that I do not give up.

The problem with doing it this way is it is a crash for your body. The point of the Atkins program is to bring you in and try to shock your system as little as possible. No matter how fast or how slow you go in this program, however, given the amount of carbs I was eating prior to this and the amount of manufactured and chemical substances I was consuming, I was going to have a huge crash. And boy, have I been feeling it.

But today, so far at least, I feel good. I feel a bit groggy. My mental functions are down. Had a difficult time logging into my work computer today and had to try three times before I finally remembered the password or even my login ID. So, yes, bit of mental fog.

Also, I have not been drinking the water that I need to be drinking. You should be drinking 64 ounces of water a day minimum and I have been drinking half of that. Considering that a lot of sources say that you should be drinking half your weight in ounces, I am really far behind the curve!

No comments:

Post a Comment