Monday, March 7, 2011

Day 91. - Relax...

CW: 257.8

So, I have been losing steadily. Still enjoying the plan.

But I must admit that I am not completely gung ho about it anymore. I am. I am still sticking to the plan about 90% of the time.

Still, this past weekend, I ate popcorn at the movie theater and three bites of mashed potatoes... I still lost weight. It didn't kick me out of ketosis. And I don't have my cravings back.

I think that the key is moderation. I think that the key is also that if you are going to cheat, at least still stay in your carb count. Which is what I do. I knew I would want the popcorn. I had been fantasizing about it all day. So, I ate very few carbs all day so I could just enjoy one single cup of popcorn.

I was prepared for the consequences. And I think that you just have to evaluate yourself. And know yourself, and know what you can handle and what you can't.

I know myself. I know that if you put pizza in front of me, I can't just eat one slice. Therefore, I may never be able to eat pizza on plan ever.

But, let's be real here. I am viewing this as a complete lifestyle change... Do I really think that I am going to go my entire life without mashed potatoes, without popcorn? Absolutely not.

Now, there are a million substitutes out there for a million products... and when possible, you should absolutely go for the substitute. But for some things, don't beat yourself up. You will lose weight. Just... everything in moderation.

No comments:

Post a Comment