Tuesday, March 29, 2011

Day 113 - Falling off the track...

CW: 261.2

Yes, that is a gain... a big gain. I have been off track for nearly two weeks now... well... I guess more like 10 days.

That is why I avoided this place, and the scale. And it reminded me why I weigh myself every day.

The downfall started with something so simple. I went camping. I ate one tiny little minuscule s'more... which led to a landslide.

I think that it led to a landslide because I thought, it's okay that I cheated a little, I will just wait a few days and get on the scale when the water weight is gone... well. then since I wasn't weighing myself I kept pushing it back and back and back and eating more and more and more.

And let me tell you, the worst part of this diet/lifestyle is getting on it. Once you are on it, I promise, the cravings really are not there. They really do go away for the most part. But, you can still get sidetracked, as I have proven.

But, I am here to write about the reasons you should not cheat, and what cheating this much has shown me.

1. My energy level off of Atkins goes way down. I feel like I could sleep for 10-12 hours a day and not get enough sleep.

2. My desire to workout becomes non-existent.

3. I am cranky.

4. No matter how much I eat, I am hungry. I can eat 4000 calories and still be hungry.

5. It's never a good time to get back on track.

6. Once again, you realize that nothing tastes as good as thin feels.

7. My stomach is bloated.

8. I feel depressed, sad, out of control.

9. My face is breaking out.

10. This is such a long journey, and this cheat has set me back probably a total of 3 weeks. It sucks to realize.

However, I am getting back to it. I am strong, I am confident, I am going full force. I just have to commit to not cheating. Commit to the fact that this is worth so much more than a s'more.

1 comment:

  1. Oh, sister! I am so there with you! (which is why it's taken a week to read your post - sheer avoidance!) Today is my first day back, and I'm not sure that I have a good grip on the wagon yet. Jump up here with me, and lets get back on the right direction!

    ReplyDelete