Wednesday, June 29, 2011

Day 10. Going Low Carb in a Carb Filled World

Today I thought I would write about some lovely ways to stay low carb when on the go.

1. If you have a Jimmy John's, I do recommend that you try their lettuce wraps. You can get any sandwich made into a lettuce wrap. This is by far the most delicious option I have tried as far as converting a carb-filled meal into a low-carb meal.

2. Hardee's. This neat little fast food restaurant will convert any of their sandwiches, hamburgers, chicken dealios, into a low-carb version by simply switching out the bun for lettuce. Now, this does get kind of messy, so I recommend this only when you can sit down and eat it some place or when you are not driving.

3. Pepperoni. Who could ever leave this off the low-carb on-the-go list? It's easy, convenient, delicious. BUT addicting and something that should not be eaten on a consistent basis. One pack has over 1000 calories, so watch out, these are very easy to overdo it.

4. Cucumbers with Cream Cheese. This is a bit carb heavy, so you gotta be careful how much you eat, but, for a wonderful and healthy treat, just have sliced cucumbers with a bit of cream cheese spread on top, delicious. you can even make cucumber sandwiches with a bit of turkey.

5. Asparagus with cream cheese and turkey wrapped around the stalk. Mmmm... Once again, a little higher carb, but worth it in my book.

6. I almost never go anywhere without some snack cheeses. The kind I buy is called "Cow Pals" and it has 0 carbs per serving.

I am sure that there are several other places that serve low carb options on the go, but these are just my favorite options.

I have also found that if you go to a pizza place, your only option doesn't have to be a chicken caesar salad or a salad with ranch or any of that. A lot of places can cook the toppings separate from the pizza crust. When they can do this, I will order like a supreme pizza without the crust and without the sauce on top of a bed of salad greens and eat it with pesto or olive oil and sometimes even bring in my own low carb marinara.

There are so many options, you just have to know how to find them. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment