Saturday, July 23, 2011

Benefits of Eggs


I don't want to eat any more eggs. No more. No No No.

But, I have discovered that if I don't eat them, I don't stay full until lunch. They are healthy. They are amazing. They are delicious... when you are not eating them every day.

So, I decided to look up all the benefits of eggs to motivate me to eat them more often.

1. Regular consumption of eggs helps prevent strokes, blood clots, and heart attacks.

2. Eggs are a good source of choline which helps regulate the brain, nervous system, and cardiovascular system.

3. Eating more eggs lowers your risk for breast cancer by 44%.

4. Eggs promote healthy nails and hair due to their sulfur content and leads to hair growing faster.

5. They improve concentration and eyesight.

6. A Louisiana State University study found that obese people who ate a two-egg breakfast at least five times a week lost 65% more weight and had more energy than people who breakfasted on bagels.

7. They are an ideal muscle-repair food due to eggs containing the type of protein that is easiest for your body to absorb.

There are tons more, but these were the benefits that mattered to me... now off to eat more eggs!

No comments:

Post a Comment