Sunday, July 24, 2011

Half Marathon Training: 8 Miles... erm... 7 miles.


Long walk for the half marathon training today... I did not make my mileage. I hit close to 7 miles aiming for 8 miles.

For a few reasons, today's mileage seemed to much more difficult than last week's. I wanted to quit before even Mile 3.

Reasons:

1. I did not eat breakfast.

2. I did not get enough sleep.

3. I am sick.

4. Due to being sick, I did not do ANY short walks this previous week.

5. I am in new shoes, which caused a minimum of five blisters during this said walk.

6. I started at too high of a pace and increased it too quickly, which then just led to my legs cramping more quickly.

Lesson learned. :)

I am hoping for a better week next week, the half marathon is officially exactly two months away.

7.

No comments:

Post a Comment