Monday, December 27, 2010

Day 20. - Friends don't let friends eat carbs.

For some reason, my roommate and I decided that today was the perfect day to look for New Year's Eve dresses...

Well, we decided this after going through the whole whatdoyouwanttodo? idon'tknow. what do you want to do?

thing.

we decided nashville was out, as was chattanooga, charleston, savannah, and atlanta...

so, we decided to be like good knoxvillians and to go out shopping for NYE.

Of course, we went to the mall and I never realized how many carb-filled goodies there are at the mall. My sister decided to join us on our shopping trip and the questions came flying.

Can we eat at the Cookie Factory? Cinnabon? Sbarro's? Auntie Anne's?

It was frustrating, considering that I am basically having to go through the rollercoaster of emotions that somebody in induction has to deal with for the first few days when getting adjusted to Atkins. This, of course, was due to the cough syrup debacle that I wrote about in my last entry.

So, what this basically boils down to is that my cravings are incredibly strong. And while these cravings will go away in another day or two, right now it is like hell on earth. I am literally arguing with myself all day long.

Anyway, the point. Yes, there is a point.

They decided to get a pretzel from Auntie Ann's while I grudgingly ate a pepperoni stick that I had brought along in case of a food emergency... and this definitely qualified.

Then, we go throughout our day, we shop, we find dresses, we eat dinner, we down diet coke, and we shop some more.

Finally, when all is said and done, my sister suggests donuts.

Now, I am already at my wit's end. I am cranky. I am tired. I am trying not to go to the nearest drive thru and order french fries and a strawberry milkshake.

So I tell them that I will be going home and they can go and get the donuts if they like.

My roommate asks me if it's okay if they are getting donuts, basically a form of a "Is this going to tempt you?" question.

I reply back snarkily, "It's your body, you can put whatever you want in it."

Not nice, but hey, it's a true statement.

Man, I am cranky today.

No comments:

Post a Comment