Friday, December 31, 2010

Day 23. - The Importance of Water

CW: 277.8 lbs

So, I have a huge aversion to water.

I don't like the way it tastes.
I don't like to drink it.
I do get very thirsty, constantly.

Even if I am beyond thirsty and my throat is dry as a dessert in the summer, I will still avoid water at almost all costs.

I will drink diet cokes... which dehydrate you as said in the last post.

Still, in an effort to make myself drink more water, I started looking up the benefits from an Atkins perspective.

Apparently, there are five main benefits as described by this man in this video.



Reasons to drink water:

1. Helps flush out the toxins in the body and assists the kidneys in removing ketones
2. You will be unable to metabolize fat or glycogen without the presence of water... if you are not fully hydrated, you will not be metabolizing fat
3. Helps avoid constipation
4. Limits and lessens the effect of induction flu, like nausea and weaknesses
5. Keeps you hydrated for exercise programs and keeps your energy up so you can exercise longer
6. Improves your skin appearance

Based upon my weight, I should be drinking about 140 ounces of water... that's crazy considering the only thing that counts as water is pure water. Not Crystal Light, not tea, not diet coke.

But he does recommend to just do it like a regular regimen. Just. Do. It. like exercise. It is non-negotiable. Drink it as quickly as possible, 32 ounces at a time.

Looks like I have a new goal...

No comments:

Post a Comment